Thank goodness, the ‘new’ yarn was not drastically different from the original, so I was able to finish my sweater. It is alpaca, and ridiculously soft. It was wonderful to knit up–not only because it was soft, but it was a fairly quick knit. I probably would have finished it a lot sooner if there hadn’t been that yarn snafu, so don’t use me as a judge of how long it would take to make. :) I add rows to the sleeves to make them longer. At the bottom of this post are some photos of the finished sweater. I show details of the cables and the increasing/decreasing in the back.
Also, I finally finished my whale!! It ended up being 32″ long. He is wonderfully huggable. I really liked this pattern, and if if wasn’t so huge I’d probably make another one. Here’s the website for the pattern ( http://becbrittain.com/blog/hazel-the-humpback/ ) and, of course, some photos.